Here`s my pick of November`s releases, trying to stick to music that`s forthcoming, music that we haven’t covered yet (stuff we have covered like those Be With reissues and Yussef Kamaal`s “Black Focus”, Maajo (which sounded super nice at Bonobo – upstairs and downstairs – on Saturday), and PLSD on Golf Channel are obviously a given), and still make something “cohesive” (?) that you can listen to. Most of it`s lifted from long players. It seems to be mainly long players that are reaching my ears at the moment. Maybe it`s the time of year. Pressing schedules already winding down / stacking up, and December “best of” lists being made (I couldn`t resist putting something from Tornado Wallace`s “Lonely Planet” – Lewie doing Leon Lowman meets Marvin Gaye – in there, even though it won’t be in shops until January now). As before everything is a hopefully not too rough radio edit or segue.
p.s. / I tried to sneak in an extract of Gigi Masin`s “Venezia 2016”, but only the full 30 minutes do its beauty justice.
- Track List
- Phil Stroud – Flow – GCR
- Suzanne Kraft – Scripted Space – Melody As Truth
- Coyote – Cala Conta Sunset – Is It Balearic?
- Vangelis Katsoulis – Zarrin – Utopia
- Tornado Wallace – Healing Feeling – Running Back
- Golden Retriever – Difference And Repetition – Omena
- Bruce Langhorne – Ending – Scissor Tail
- Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie – Using Magnifico
- Botany – Gleaning Gleaming – Western Vinyl
- Dream Lovers – For Belgian Friends – Aficionado
- Azymuth – Rio Doce – Far Out