There`s a ton of good stuff in shops, or just about to hit shops, now, as 2016 draws to a close. So don`t finalise that “End Of The Year” list just yet. There`s Jazz from The Growing Bin. Balearic bits from Versatile, and Running Back. Percussive dance-floor fillers from Music For Dreams, Aficionado and Tiff`s Joints. Dub from AMJ and Pop from Saxsyndrum. There`s a new E.P. from Phantom Island and Rush Hour make an amazing archival find. There are legit reissues from Archeo, 17853, Emotional Rescue, and Editor’s Kutz. There are edits illegal but too good to ignore from Elaborate Hoax and Passport To Paradise. Ascribing to that original White Isle ideal of welcoming all, there`s music from America, Australia, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and Switzerland. Then there`s a Dennis Bovell-produced cover of a song that unfortunately never seems to date.
- Soul Sugar – Why Can`t We Live Together – Gee
- Blue Gas – Shadows From Nowhere – Archeo Recordings
- Merge – Kashan III – Growing Bin
- AMJ Meets RSD – Sky Blue Love – White
- Miyako Yoda – Sleep In Peace – 17853
- Ramuntcho Matta – Ibu – Emotional Rescue
- Elaborate Hoax – Walter`s Run Deep – White
- Saxsyndrum – Up To You – White
- Alma Vox – Theme – Versatile
- Tornado Wallace – Today – Running Back
- Abel – African Sheik – Passport To Paradise
- Apiento & LX – Dish Dub – Music For Dreams
- Volt Face – Vol Direk (Kejeblos Remix) – Phantom Island
- King Clyde – Request Line – Aficionado
- Oribata – Batuki – Tiff`s Joints
- Pino D`angio – Hey Ciao Tu (Reflex Rework) – Editor`s Kutz
- Claude Rodap – Zouk Love – Rush Hour
*As usual the tracks here are in the form of quick edits, and segues.
**There`s a mellower “Part 2” over at Mixcloud.